Welcome to my podcast “Dementia Daughter and Autism Mom – Where did I leave my running shoes?”
Here I focus on personal experiences, useful tips and information about being a mother in her 50’s to a child with autism, and also having had the role of caregiver for parents with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
I discuss a variety of subjects. The good, the bad, and the extremely messy, so if you’re only looking for a podcast about sunshine and rainbows, well….not sure we’re a match. However, if you want to hear from someone who doesn’t sugarcoat it, and speaks honestly about all the heart-breaking, weird and wonderful things that happen along the way please join me.
I try to find humour when and where I can, as it’s given me the strength to get through my really tough days. You may even find the odd reference to Monty Python or Mel Brooks comedies if you’re lucky!
So stay tuned for new episodes coming your way.
Tough Couple of Weeks – Dementia Daughter and Autism Mom
- Tough Couple of Weeks
- Clearing out the house
- Knowing your worth and value
- Do I really need a form for this?
- Today sucked. Time for some ice cream, but first tea.
- Loss and grief
- Using visual aids with person with dementia
- Why does everything smell like pee?
- Trailer for Dementia Daughter and Autism Mom – Where did I leave my running shoes?